Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The occasional value of coincidences

  In a rather amazing turn of events earlier today, the following occurred:
  James, for perfectly valid reasons couldn’t keep our appointment today. That made me make an appointment with John instead, and because of that I took a great photo on the spot we met, and because of that we took a long stroll on the long Bergen harbor, where I took lots of photos and great photos.
  It’s highly unlikely that those photos would ever have seen the light of day if James had kept his appointment.
  The light was special today. There were other factors as well. To repeat the special circumstances would be difficult, even when I’m aware of them, even as I’ve discovered their value. If not for me not meeting up with James and me meeting up with John, I never would.

  Sometimes life truly throws lemonade at you.

No comments: