Sunday, March 06, 2016

What a great, extended weekend of sex, drugs and rock’n roll can do for you

  It has created a completely insane creativity, for one. When I wrote three poems the other day, they all came to me simultaneously, and I had to write them on parallel tracks (of paper). I could hardly complete one line before I had to start on another. One verse of one poem was only half done when I felt compelled to write another, both on the same poem and one of the others. I also had dinner at that point. I will put it to you: you’ve never experienced true multitasking before…
  From Friday February 19 to Wednesday evening the coming week I felt like I do during London visits and witchnights and spiritual and physical Journeys in general and that says a lot when it comes to me, and it hasn’t really stopped either. It feels like it just keeps growing in strength and complexity.
  I celebrated with alcohol on Friday evening and the coming night, and kept doing that the next evening and night. Saturday ended up in very sweaty and pleasant circumstances. My mood just skyrocketed and I walked on on light, very light feet. I noticed something different about myself when I finally returned home Sunday morning. When I sat down and started writing that afternoon, I passed a major hurdle of storytelling on the fourteenth chapter of my novel Season of the Witch, a quandary I had tried solving for months, and when I was done there I just kept writing and ended chapter sixteen of Phoenix Green Earth, one I had been working on for three years to get right. I wrote for five hours straight, hardly even taking my eyes off the keyboard.
  Then, on Monday evening, for the first time in eight years I once again could enjoy even better stuff. LSD is such a fantastic experience. I would cautiously recommend it (it’s not a toy) to anyone. It opens you up like a flower, a flower opening a million times. You can’t hide from yourself, but are hammered for what seems like an eternity or many eternities with impressions and sensations, and are forced to confront everything about yourself, both the good and the bad. You face yourself a million times million times. It’s an eye opener of immense proportions, a reboot if you will and not altogether pleasant all the time, but that’s good, too. No emotions are denied you, and you can’t deny any.
  I was totally exhausted on Tuesday morning, also when I woke up later that day. I certainly understand it when people say they sleep for forty-eight hours afterwards. To me a good night early sleep was sufficient.
  I woke up Wednesday morning with a huge smile on my lips, one not going away. It just stayed with me no matter what I did. I met up with several people that day and they noticed the change in me immediately, my inflated good mood and so on. I had suffered a lot of frustrations lately, both personal and from the world at large, but now, even though I care more than ever, they seem to frustrate me far less. Among many other things, dropping acid is a great catharsis. I’ve always been able to enjoy life at its fullest, but those frustrations have dragged me down. They do so to a lesser degree, now.
  Another week has passed, and my creativity just keeps soaring. Earlier today, by the simple act of standing up from my chair, I received a flood of new, parallel impulses. Another of the few times I enjoyed LSD, in April 2003, the two subsequent years were my most productive ever. I hope I can repeat that.
  Any artist worth the name throughout history has enjoyed a wide range of stimulants and substances. I have understood why for a long time. I understand it even better, now.
  The brain, through the thalamus usually restrains the conscious output of sensations, but during an acid trip all that is shot to pieces.
  I can easily and eagerly appreciate that thrice over, as that is what witches do as well. We bring to the outside what rests within.
  «Come all within, come all without. You’ll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn»…

  PS: one of its many qualities is that it’s impossible to get hooked on it. There’s no hunger, no craving for more. If you take it too often and too much, it just won’t work properly, that’s all. Nothing harmful will happen.
  I don’t know anyone that has ever had any trouble with it, even though I know they exist. You should probably avoid it if you suffer from inhibitions and are bottling up your emotions, or if you come from a strict, religious upbringing, because, as stated, it will open you up whether you want to or not.

  The thirty minutes peak is a wild ride that will pull anyone along and smash any walls you have raised around yourself.

No comments: