Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Twenty years

  Tomorrow it is twenty years since I bought my first computer and started on the path of what would become digital publishing. Many things changed, both big and small. It revolutionized my writing. It quickly felt like a completely different process. The cut, copy and paste function on MS Word alone made it more than worth it. Later came image-manipulation and the Internet, leading to even more great stuff. It was a new age. It’s strange to look back on it, now, and realize that there are kids growing up today that never have experienced a life without it.
  There were some initial growth pains, but nothing major. I don’t miss the use of my old typewriter with its antiquarian and inadequate correction system and photo darkroom with stinking chemicals at all. I've written far more the last twenty years compared to the twenty-two before that.

  It’s also, coincidentally the twenty-fifth anniversary of my first meeting with a close friend of mine. That fateful day of coincidence brought lots of great things to us both.

  We plan on celebrating both events accordingly.

No comments: