Saturday, March 14, 2015

Accepted

  I had a conversation with a Greenpeace-recruiter recently. The difference between us and our views quickly manifested and was substantial.
  I told her that Greenpeace didn't go anywhere far enough in their struggle against pollution and in their opposition to the destruction of the natural world, and that they were basically cozying up to the forces ruining life on Earth, that they needed to attack the roots of the vast problems haunting humanity, not only a selected few of its physical manifestations.
  And she looked at me as if she didn't understand what I was talking about.
  I told her that I was quite familiar with her organization and that if I wished to join it or support it, I would have done so decades ago.
  And that was that.

  Greenpeace does some good things. Especially their fight against nuclear power sits well with me. In an age where several professed environmental activists promote nuclear power with the stated purpose of halting the human created climate change, such a fight is particularly valuable.
  Greenpeace is one of the best ecological organizations accepted by the establishment.

  The keywords here being «accepted by the establishment».

No comments: