Friday, December 07, 2012

Christmas musings 2012 (I)


  We shouldn't fear the future, I told myself in a moment of despair yesterday.
  Then I began pondering the issue, thinking it through in considerable more detail and told myself: «hey, wait a minute» and I realized I had been totally off in my rosy red self-encouraging and moment of self-deception earlier.
  We, humanity should clearly fear and even feel contempt for the future, as current and truly likely projections go. Each individual just has to feel some kind of personal optimism, on behalf of himself or herself, no matter how bad it is (and it IS bad) or he or she would have no reason to go on living, but to say that humanity and its individuals has any great future is to close our eyes to the obvious truth: We live in an ever more horrible hell on Earth and it’s mostly one of our own making. Everything, from the increasingly oppressive societies and we filling our own nest with poison enough to kill ourselves countless times is human-related horrors, and those are what I am talking about here, not a random cosmic beyond destructive event.
  Like a good friend of me says: Protect your spirit from contamination. Limit your time with positive people…
  Civilization destroys everything making life worth living. Anybody saying otherwise is either a fool or an eager servant of the forces ruining us all. We live through a collective tailspin suicide run unparalleled in history and delude ourselves into a beyond false sense of living the good life.

2 comments:

treehugginvamp said...

Very true. Maybe thats one of the main differences between the religious sheep and the antitheists. The religious think there's some magical entity that will always protect them if they are 'good people' (I won't even start on thier moral compass). On the other hand, us reality based people are labeled as crazy, depressed, pessimists, etc. I call bullshit. We need to fear that eventually our actions as a species will come back and bite us in the ass. We make ourselves out to be way more superior species than any other, yet if we were left with none of our creations, we would instantly become prey. I have felt for some time that humans.have become a parasite on this planet, kind of like a termite in a barn. Devouring everything. Ok, I'm rambling. You caught me pre-coffee. Lol. Keep up the awakening. You make sheep think. Sharing on my blog. excuse typos, pre-coffee typing on phone..lol :-)

Amos Keppler said...

I don't mind and am glad I could make your morning.

I tend to see us as locusts, scrubbing the planet clean, and if able moving on to the next. But many derogatory animal comparisons will work, locusts, ants, sheep...