Monday, March 05, 2007

Illegal Substances

Some call it drugs. The law calls it illegal substances.

- It’s bad, she said. – It makes people remember everything. It makes people remember all the unpleasant stuff they want to forget.

This is essential, I think, a critical reason for society’s view on illegal substances in general, why they are illegal. They open doors that the tyrants and their masters want to remain closed. They evoke Memory, in both good and bad ways, and it reminds people of whom they truly are. They enhance what is already there. So what they are, is essentially a mirror, and since most people can’t stand to look at themselves in the mirror, because they are ashamed of themselves, and rightly so, they want all tools used to do so to be gone.

Well, let them hide, let them stick their heads in the sand, at least to a point, but they shouldn’t keep others from experiencing the world in all its beauty and variety.

But they do. The repressed people rule the current world, and they are sick beyond belief.


In a rare show of honesty in her profession (and all others) the actor and model Sienna Miller revealed her view on «drugs» recently.

She says she loves the hallucinations she is having while taking drugs like «magic mushrooms», but she is basically experimenting with all kinds of drugs. When asked why she believes so many are experimenting with what is basically illegal all over the world, and not giving a rat’s ass about that fact, she responds promptly: «Cos they're fun! They're loads of fun».

And it is. I and millions of others can attest to that. I don’t use any drug often, even though I have tried most of them at least once. There is no craving for more. I have basically the same relationship with drugs that I have with alcohol (and I don't use that often either): I use it in a natural way, without guilt and fear, both recreational and experimental, as a Seeker.

My favorite is LSD, really. Its active component is clearly among the most powerful there is. I can do without it, obviously, since I have only dropped acid seven times in about a decade and a half, and there is no craving for more. But it’s a great ride, one that cannot truly be described. It has to be experienced. Every door in your mind and in you just slams open, and you truly see the world, as it is - totally mystical and infinite, filled with life and fire… and Mist and Shadow.

The propaganda directed against LSD is terribly unfair.

I wrote a poem about it before I ever tried it. My life as a witch (among other things) brings me plenty of opportunities to experience the current far and «hidden» side of the world. The so-called illegal substances are merely one more method of doing so.


Society’s stated view on all of this is basically propaganda. It’s no more truth in it than in any mirage. I will cautiously recommend doing drugs to anyone. My personal no-no is Heroin, but that’s just me. In Switzerland, where it’s legal or at least tolerated for people to shoot up, addicts go to work every day, and is basically functioning well in society (unfortunately so, I might add). In Amsterdam very few have trouble with any drug use, because they have a healthy, natural view on it.

I know quite a few people that have tried LSD and similar, and none of them have ever had any trouble with it, even though I know there are people that have had trouble, at least in part because of it. It isn’t a toy, and should be treated with the necessary respect.

Drug use has been a natural part of any society throughout history, not just in recreational terms, but much more importantly, in spiritual ceremonies and witchcraft, shamanism and so forth.

My conviction is that people that are open, and live with few inhibitions experience little trouble whatever drugs they are using. People tied down with inhibitions will inevitably be shocked when taking a drug opening them up to the world, but they should take the chance anyway…

People should, generally speaking avoid those substances creating dependencies, though, like Heroin and Nicotine. Smoking nicotine (tobacco for the unenlightened) is very bad in my opinion. And there is just no reward there, a lot of pain and no gain. Leave that alone, and focus on the good stuff.

All of it should be legal. Of course it should. It’s a crime that it isn’t.

No comments: